Red Dot Pistol: Fundamentals Instructor Course / 2 Day Course Cleves, OH (Impact Shooting Center), August 1-2, 2020 *OPEN ENROLLMENT CLASS*
The goal for this course is to teach the instructor my methodology for learning and teaching the fundamentals of employing the RDS-equipped pistol.
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry/duty weapons. Part of mastery is training - here it is!
Prerequisites: THIS IS NOT AN INTRO LEVEL CLASS. IF YOU ARE NOT AN INSTRUCTOR OR DO NOT HAVE A SOLID PISTOL SKILL BASE, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND YOUR FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement.
• Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. How to stop over confirming the dot.
• Modes of Practice
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Identifying, diagnosing, and fixing common problems with all the aforementioned skills
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 4 mags (1 in gun, 3 in pouches/pockets).
Good holster of student's choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1000 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.
Range Fee is $50 for the class. Payable on day 1.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.